A robust metabolism can help you to have all the energy you need and make sure that you have proper nutrition at all times. This is something that you can achieve through the practice of various yoga poses to boost metabolism.
Digestion comprises of the procedure that provides the required nutrients and vitality to the body. This process is controlled by the endocrine system, particularly the thyroid gland. Yoga has an amazing invigorating impact on the endocrine organs and in this manner can support the metabolic system helping it to burn more calories. Stretching and compacting the endocrine glands and stomach organs during yoga exercises, improves the blood circulation, vitalizes the organs, improves metabolism rate and ultimately boosts the immune system. Here are 10 yoga poses that can boost your metabolism as well as improve the strength and flexibility of various parts of your body.
10 yoga poses to boost metabolism and help you to reduce and get in shape :
- Salamba Sarvangasana
- Supta Virasana
Ustrasana is the first yoga pose to boost metabolism in our list. Ustrasana involves deep backward bending of the body that is performed while kneeling. Also known as camel pose, its role is to open up the whole front part of the body through stretching of the hips and spine. It also stimulates and activates the thyroid gland which ultimately increases metabolism.
Other health benefits of Ustrasana
- Decreases thigh fats
- Opens up the hips
- Stretches and reinforces the shoulders and back
- Improves body posture
- Opens the chest, improving lung health
- Makes back and spine flexible
- Invigorates endocrine organs
- Discharges pressure in the ovaries
- Stretches the lower legs, thighs, crotch, stomach area, chest, and throat
- Tones organs of the stomach area, pelvis, and neck
- Supplements in general wellbeing and prosperity
Sukhasana is the cross-legged pose that works as a type of easy-seated meditation. Its goal is to strengthen the spine and open up a person’s hip region. It is important that the practitioner firmly holds on to the pose instead of slumping so that the neck and head remain perfectly aligned so that the pose ensures optimum benefits. This yoga pose to boost metabolism is very simple and easy to do, and so it can be done by the person of any age without any complications.
Other health benefits of Sukhasana
- It spreads a feeling of quiet and harmony through your brain and body.
- It loosens up your mind.
- All weariness, stress, and tension will be relieved.
- Your chest and neckline bones are widened.
- Your body arrangement is improved.
- Practicing this asana lengthens your spine.
- This asana gives your knees and lower legs a decent stretch.
- Improves the digestive system, which makes this pose useful who are suffering from constipation and gastric problems
Halsana or the plough pose is an asana that you should take time to master perfectly. It involves stretching your legs as far as you can towards the back while you lie on the floor with your back. It stimulates the pituitary, thyroid, and adrenal glands. The asana releases endorphins within the body so that it is one of the proven yoga poses to boost metabolism rate.
Other health benefits of Halasana
- Activates warms up and lightens the psychophysiological system
- Muscles ligaments of thighs and calves get relaxed and stretched
- Increases flexibility and provides a feeling of relaxation during leg cramps
- Useful who are suffering from constipation and gastric problems
- Beneficial for diabetic people as it normalizes the blood-glucose level
- Stimulates the reproductive organs
- Helps women during menopause
4. Salamba Sarvangasana
Salamba Sarvangasana or shoulder stand is often regarded as the extension of plough pose. It facilitates deep stretching of the neck and back that stimulates blood circulation as well as gets rid of all imbalances. Improves the function of the thyroid, parathyroid, adrenal, and pituitary glands. All of the other endocrine glands are regulated by these main glands and so the overall function of the endocrine system is improved. As this yoga pose boost metabolism rate it is effective in reducing the belly fat also.
Other health benefits of Salamba Sarvangasana
- Good for hair health
- Quiets the cerebrum and calms pressure.
- Stimulates the thyroid and prostate organs and stomach organs.
- Stretches the shoulders and neck.
- Tones the legs and hips.
- It improves nutrient absorption.
- Diminishes the side effects of menopause.
- Diminishes weakness and lightens sleep deprivation
- It makes blood flow to the head and nervous system
5. Supta Virasana
Supta Virasana, also known as reclined hero pose helps to strengthen the extensor muscles present in the legs. It offers numerous therapeutic benefits such as resolving digestive issues and diarrhea, respiratory ailments, intestinal problems, and acidity. The name comes from the Sanskrit where Supt means the reclined and asana means the seating position.
Other health benefits of Supta Virasana
- It gives your thighs, knees, lower legs, midriff, and hips a stretch
- It relieves tired legs
- It improves posture
- It soothes menstrual uneasiness
- It fortifies the curves of the feet
Anjaneyasana or standing crescent lunge helps to stretch and stimulate the hip flexors so that tension from the rear part of the hips can be released. The asana also boosts your heart rate so that metabolism is enhanced. Apart from a yoga pose to boost metabolism, it can also work as a stretching exercise for the legs.
Other health benefits of Anjaneyasana
- Stimulates the thyroid gland function
- Improves heart function
- Makes the body more flexible
- Strengthens the abdominal muscles
- Helps to decrease sciatica symptoms
Dhanurasana or bow pose can stimulate your reproductive organs and work as a fatigue buster and stress reliever. The asana can also tone your leg and arm muscles. It can also enhance abdominal and spinal flexibility as well as improve their strength and shape.
Other health benefits of Dhanurasana
- Powerful in weight reduction
- Improves hunger
- Assists with restoring dyspepsia (stoutness), stiffness and gastrointestinal issues
- Fixes constipation
- Improves blood circulation
- Offers adaptability to the back
Garudasana or the eagle pose can stimulate your shoulders, hips, thighs, ankles, and calves so that you have lean and strong muscles. It can also improve digestion and enhance your physical energy.
Other health benefits of Garudasana
- Strengthens the lower legs and calves.
- Stretches the thighs, hips, shoulders, and upper back
- Improves posture and balance
- Reduces stress
- Relaxes whole body muscles
- Relieves the pain from joints
- Improves body balance
Pawanmuktasana or wind-relieving pose is a powerful asana that can heal gastrointestinal problems. By stimulating the movement of the bowels, it can get rid of waste materials from the body. This yoga pose boosts metabolism along with relieving constipation, indigestion, acidity, and removing belly fat.
Other health benefits of Pawanmuktasana
- Strengthens abdominal muscles
- Strengthens the spinal cord
- Eases the tension in the lower back
- Burns the fat in thighs, abdomen, and waist
- Reduces infertility by stimulating ovaries
Salabhasana is a type of backbend asana which can open up the chest and strengthen the muscles present in your lower back and the legs. It can enhance your physical energy, elongate your spinal column and improve metabolism.
Other health benefits of Salabhasana
- Vitalizes all body organs and muscles
- Enhances blood circulation throughout the body
- Decreases stress and tension
- Strengthens the back muscles.
All these yoga poses have been recommended from ancient ages for their proven results and benefits to boost the metabolism rate. Yoga poses to boost metabolism may be an unknown topic to many but there is no doubt about its effectiveness. All these poses and various yogic activities are done under the proper guidance of a good expertise yoga instructor or guru can prove highly beneficial to even the chronic problem of metabolism.
Check out Dr. Shweta Varpe explaining the all these asanas-
4 Thoughts to “Amazingly effective 10 yoga poses to boost metabolism”
खूप छान आसनं आहेत.
काही आसनं ज्येष्ठांना शक्य नाहीत. त्यांच्यासाठी सोपे सुचवावेत.
खूप छान आसनं आहेत.
शिर्षासनही चांगल्या आरोग्यासाठी उपयुक्त आहे.
काही आसनं ज्येष्ठांना शक्य नाहीत. त्यांच्यासाठी सोपे सुचवावेत.
Yoga is the best platform for good health and wellness and the best teacher ever is Shweta…. God bless her, I owe my good health to her teachings at SHWETYOGA.
Amazing info. Shwet Yoga…. really one of d best n wonderful yoga centre coz d teachers n d way of teaching.